Wednesday, September 29, 2010

written '03 after my Mother's funeral

Floating through my consciousness, casually glancing at events that shaped my fears and joys – feeling nothing.
Numbing the inner core of my being while my eyes strain to find some light .. deeper..deeper .. floating becomes falling, weighed down by the reluctance to accept the cruelty of ignorance.
Love .. a word to bring warmth to ones memory .. happy recollections .. family, friends .. most unaware of the selfish, discompassion that spills from their kind words – innocent of understanding .. guilty of ignorance.
I hear the rain dripping as I write .. reminding me of lonely evenings with a hungry void in the pit of my soul. A vastly deepened hunger I can not describe .. understanding separating me from the masses of sleep enshrouded, shallow and innocent victims of humanity.
Am I a victim .. must I suffer this pain to understand or is it the understanding that suffers in pain .. knowing they unwittingly crush with their clumsy carelessness – unaware of the disregard for anyone but themselves – holding themselves reverent by some secret code of distorted fears and desires.
Love – again warm and irreverent – justified in not so subtle piercing tones of self-reliant pride. Where are the children .. the lovers of compassion and truth? Have they all been trampled by the ignorant shallow sleepers .. are they hiding under the disbelief of knowing? I seek my own .. the crowd awakened .. the compassionate living.

No comments:

Post a Comment